Irish Lotto
Even/Odd Combination Distribution

The Irish Lotto requires a player to Pick 6 numbers out of a set of 45 white balls. If the player picks the same numbers as those that are drawn in the next drawing, the player wins the Jackpot prize.

While everyone says that every combination has an equal chance of winning, Lottery Power Picks and others, believe that certain combinations are more likely to occur than others.

The following Table summarize the occurances of the Even / Odd Distribution of all Irish Lotto combinations.

The Irish Lotto white balls are numbered 1 to 45. The player selects 6 of these numbers. The table below shows the probability of selecting even and odd balls.                
Table I6-1: Irish Lotto Even/Odd Distribution
6 0 74,613 0.9%
5 1 605,682 7.4%
4 2 1,850,695 22.7%
3 3 2,727,340 33.5%
2 4 2,045,505 25.1%
1 5 740,278 9.1%
0 6 100,947 1.2%
    8,145,060 100.0

As shown in Table I6-1, 33.5% or 1/3 of the 6 number combinations consist of 3 even and 3 odd balls. Then, 47.8% contain 4 even and 2 odd, or 2 even and 4 odd balls. These three compositions account for 81.3% of all combinations. The rarest numerical combinations are those where the white balls are all even or all odd. In both of these cases, there is only a 2.1% chance of either one occuring. So starting off, try to avoid combinations containing all odd or all even numbers. This may increase your chances of having a winning combination.

Note that the table is not symetrical. There are more combinations containing Odd numbers than Even numbers. The reason for this is that the white ball pool is numbered 1 to 45. In this, there is 1 more odd number than even, thus accounting for the difference in probabilities.

  Prev Irish Lotto Table   Next Irish Lotto Table

View Mega MillionsTables

View Powerball Tables

View Lotto Super 7 Tables