Lotto Super 7
Even/Odd Combination Distribution

Lotto Super 7 requires a player to Pick 7 numbers out of a set of 47 white balls. If the player picks the same numbers as those that are drawn in the next drawing, the player wins the Jackpot prize.

While everyone says that every combination has an equal chance of winning, Lottery Power Picks and others, believe that certain combinations are more likely to occur than others.

The following Table summarize the occurances of the Even / Odd Distribution of all Super 7 combinations.

The Super 7 white balls are numbered 1 to 47. The player selects 7 of these numbers. The table below shows the probability of selecting even and odd balls.                
Table S7-1: Lotto Super 7 Even/Odd Distribution
7 0 245,157 0.4%
6 1 2,422,728 3.9%
5 2 9,287,124 14.8%
4 3 17,922,520 28.5%
3 4 18,818,646 29.9%
2 5 10,753,512 17.1%
1 6 3,095,708 4.9%
0 7 346,104 0.6%
    62,891,499 100.0

As shown in Table S7-1, 28.5% of the 7 number combinations consist of 4 even and 3 odd balls, and 29.9% consist of 3 even and 4 odd balls. These two total to 58.4% of the combinations. Then, 31.9% contain either 5 even and 2 odd, or 2 even and 5 odd balls. These four compositions account for 90.3% of all combinations. The rarest numerical combinations are those where the white balls are all even or all odd. In both of these cases, there is only a 1.0% chance of either one occuring. So starting off, try to avoid combinations containing all odd or all even numbers. This may increase your chances of having a winning combination.

Note that the table is not symetrical. There are more combinations containing Odd numbers than Even numbers. The reason for this is that the white ball pool is numbered 1 to 47. In this, there is 1 more odd number than even, thus accounting for the difference in probabilities.

  Prev Super 7 Table   Next Super 7 Table

View Mega MillionsTables

View Powerball Tables

View Lotto 649 Tables